Pages

Monday, June 20, 2011

ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuunnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!

So the cooking experiment has been a partial fail. The reason being: I don't eat enough. All the recipes I have that I really want to try feed eight plus people. So even cutting in half I still have enough for four meals. Meaning if I try and cook every day my fridge gets full to bursting and I can't find room or time for the leftovers. So, the cooking experiment is going to have to be cut down to only two or so days a week. I will say though, adding refried beans to my cheese quesadillas was a brilliant idea. Point for cookbooks!

But, on the other hand, my running experiment is progressing better than I had anticipated. Probably because I enlisted Carly to be my conscience. I'm trying to get up to the point where I can run a 5k without wanting to die afterwords. I don't know how successful I'll be with the not wanting to die part, but I have some hope for at least being able to complete a 5k. I'm getting my approximate training schedule from the mayoclinic.com. It is really hard to run when it gets to about 9:30 PM and I still haven't made it out. Telling someone about your goals really does help you achieve them though. Or at least it has helped a lot so far.

Stella's Corner: On our run today (Stella decided she wanted to go for a long walk and I didn't want to go for a long walk plus a run, so the walk became the run) she spotted a doe and wanted to go chase it. Lucky for me, I caught her because that doe was having a serious struggle with fight vs flight. The reason?
photo.JPG
She was protecting her little fawn. Seriously small. Like smaller than Stella. I honestly thought deer were born bigger than that, but I guess not. Definitely cool to see though.

No comments:

Post a Comment