Pages

Sunday, August 19, 2012

The New Place

So the exciting story of this week is we got keys to the New Place. Yeah, I still think of it in capitals for now. Our new lease began on Friday. So a lot of my week went into measuring and making a schematic so we could decide how to arrange the furniture and I got permission to paint, so I picked out paint and spent essentially all of Saturday painting. I don't think I give painters enough credit, my entire body is sore from painting today. And I'm only about halfway done! (Luckily?) there are only 7.5-8ft ceilings so I didn't have to use a ladder to get the upper corners or anything. It made the process much faster. However, we still have a lot to go to get the apartment ready to be inhabited. And I'm going to have to get used to living in a basement again... Definitely going to need to find some really good bug repellant/insecticide again.

Dave spent the week in North Carolina visiting a buddy. We'll have to see if I can get him on to post his adventures and pictures and such. All I know is he took Kiwee (the bike) and says the winding way he took was about 1700 miles of riding. And that it was supposedly really pretty. Guess I'll find out as he edits his pictures.

More moving fun in the works for this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment