Sunday, July 22, 2012


So I would easily say the highlight of the last few weeks was our vacation with my family.

Dave, Stella, and I flew out to Utah only one day after my parents were allowed back into their house. Their entire street had been evacuated due to a wildfire burning just up the mountain. Luckily, unlike in Colorado, this wildfire managed to be put out with no people or houses killed by the fire. I'm pretty sure there was at least one barn that got destroyed, but all in all that's really quite good.

So we spent most of Saturday helping my parents move stuff into the trailer so they could bring it up to Wyoming with us. We also met Jon and Delsa's puppy Daisy. She is really cute but definitely still a puppy. Then Sunday was church and family dinner and Monday we went up to Richards Ranch in Wyoming. Dad put us to work moving stuff and setting up camp. The Holyoaks joined us on Tuesday and the rest of the family joined on Wednesday. We had a good time hiking around the property and shooting and playing with the niecen and the dogs and taking the gator and the four wheelers around. We went into Afton a couple of times for milkshakes and to swim with the niecen at the hotel Grandma and Grandpa were staying at.

Stella did manage to not eat any of the chickens, although mom did give her the opportunity once, and thoroughly enjoyed all the outdoor running and swimming and such. The only real blemish on the week was Daisy instigated something under the table and Stella gave her the doggy equivalent of a black eye. Biting or scratching we're not sure but Daisy might bear the proof forever.

We did have to come back home eventually though. We were very proud of Stella for handling the flying very well. She did come home and sleep for about three days straight but we're pretty sure that was because she over exerted herself because she's lazy when she's at home.

Getting back to normal life took some adjusting but we might finally be back to the humdrum of our daily routine. On Saturday we went to a dinner theater in Woodbridge. It was actually really fun. The food was pretty average and the acting was pretty average and the singing wasn't anything stellar but it was quite enjoyable. We saw I do! I do! a play following a married couple from day 1 to moving into a retirement home. I thought it was actually quite true in its generalizations about marriage. Luckily Dave and I are still in our twitterpated newlywed stage.

That's about all for now. Guess we'll have to see what the next week brings!

No comments:

Post a Comment