Pages

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Vroom vroom!

Ooo darn, I am pretty sure I'm over my two weeks mark with this post. But, I was out of town for most of the weekend so... No, still not a viable excuse since I was home on Sunday afternoon.

The week before last was pretty normal. Dave finished up classes, I had work. For our date night Dave took me to the national art museum. Yeah, I was pretty surprised too. Except there was a video game exhibit and my surprise lessened quite a bit. We also got to do a service project called Rebuilding Together which is more or less charitable home renovations. We worked at a women's halfway house type thing and made raised garden boxes. He spent a lot of time working on his car too because this weekend we actually did something exciting.

We went down to VIR and Dave did a track day on Saturday. I got to do a ride along with his instructor but I'm still stuck in the same place where I might understand why he likes it, but it isn't really anything I'd ever want to do. Interesting note: an episode of Top Gear was filmed at VIR and Dave's instructor's car makes a very brief appearance. Stella didn't enjoy the weekend quite as much as Dave does because all the loud noises kind of scared her a bit. We also learned some interesting things for next time we go camping: Stella must have her own bed. Unlike at home where she'll curl up at the foot of the bed, she has to have half of the sleeping bag before she'll stop trying to sit on your head. Which gets really cold in the wee hours of the morning.

Looking forward into the next two weeks I get to do lots of training, get a new boss, MSF course, and Dave starts his internship. Hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment