Pages

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Bye Bye summer

So although the first day of fall isn't really until September 21 or 22 (I can't remember which this year), Virginia has decided that Labor Day coincides with the fall fashion season and has thus given us weather appropriate for wearing all that delightful fall fashion. The price being I'm freezing all the time. I used my heated throw at work today. Modern technology really is incredible. I was actually warm today wearing just my sweater (plus blanket) vs typical wear of an almost-winter-coat. Dave teases me rather mercilessly about being so freezing, but it's the way I was made I guess.

On a side note: This weekend is also supposed to be raining and cold. Sigh if Summer ever did go out with a bang it was this year. And here I thought I was escaping Utah's weather mood swings. I need to get some more pairs of long johns.

Stella's Corner: Neither Stella nor I particularly care for the rain. So all this rain is making her unhappy. Today it was probably raining harder than when Irene came through. I think we all agree that we should be able to bottle up all this rain and ship it to Texas where it would be useful. In extreme protest of the rain today Stella got so worked up she ran into and dented one of my walls. No worries, no dogs were harmed in the making of that memory, she turned around and looked at me like nothing happened. Silly girl. 

No comments:

Post a Comment